In this fast-paced life, people hardly have time to breathe suitably. Or so freshly, with all the pollution around in the air.
Having a breather sounds like a plan! To full-fill your quest of being close to nature in the hills, with greenery around, birds chirping, rivers flowing, we present Bakhali- A Pahadi Homestay.
Bakhali in the local language means a group of houses. The traditional way of living in the villages was to stay together. Bakhali provides you with a home-like environment, local food by the locals. Stay in a village home and spend days amidst nature.
How to Reach Bakhali?
Bakhali is located in a small village of Kumaon region in Uttarkhand called Chanfi. It is 15 km from the famous hill station of Bhimtal. You can reach the homestay by road from any city in India.
By road, it is 350 km from Delhi and takes around 7 hours; the route is good for a drive. Else you can opt for Volvo or other bus services. There are regular buses of Uttarkhand Roadways from Delhi and some other cities. On reaching Haldwani bus depot, you can opt for local private taxis, shared jeeps or local buses.
PS: In case of local shared transport you may have to change from a place called ‘Khutani’ to reach Chanfi village and then walk for a while to reach Bakhali.
By train the last railway station is Kathgodam, trains ply here from Delhi, Dehradun, Lucknow and various other cities in India. From there by road, it is 30 km and takes around 45 mins to reach Bakhali.
By Air, the nearest airport is Pantnagar, but there are no regular flights here. Twice or thrice a week there are some from Delhi. But this does not sound like a feasible option.
This immaculate home is situated on a peaceful and gorgeous home site offering an artistic wide view from various points of the home. When you enter the foyer of this lovely home you will be greeted with an astonishing home style stay.
Bakhali is a homestay in Uttarkhand with 5 beautiful and cosy rooms available. The price of the rooms is quite reasonable. Also, you will be served freshly cooked delicious meals. You can choose from the available menu and can demand some Kumauni delicacies too.
Sit back and relax amidst nature and enjoy the fresh air and various sounds of nature. There is something for everyone here, adults and kids, too. The network may be of some issue, but that is the sole purpose of the visit; cut off from the outer world and relax. You can enjoy hiking, fishing, horse riding etc here.
What you can do around the place
- Bhimtal: The famous hill station of Bhimtal is only 15 km
- Sattal: Just 18 km away; enjoy kayaking, boating and other water activities
- Naukuchiyatal: 20 km, experience paragliding here
- Ghodhakhal temple: Just 12 km away, this local temple is famous for its numerous bells and have a lot of religious beliefs.
- Shyamkhet Tea Estate: Almost 9 km far are these tea estate, that leverage entry tickets
- Kainchi Dham: A 14 km and 30 mins drive will take you to this temple that attracted the attention of Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Julia Roberts and many more.
- Mukhteshwar: Around 43 km, which takes around 1.5 hrs, is this little town famous for its apple farms, shiva temple and natural beauty. So plan a day trip to Mukhteshwar. You can also visit Ramgarh along with this.
- Bird Watching: The nearby locations are well known for a variety of species of birds, you will find photographers with their gadgets patient for clicking the birds on your way to this homestay.
- Hiking: The surroundings of Bakhali are mesmerizing, so take up a hiking trail and this place will fill you up with surprises.
Address: Bakhali, Gram Alchona, P.O. Chanfi, Distt Nainital
For bookings contact: 9458961468, 7060059046, 7906178374, 9643192611
This home away from your home is calling… So plan soon… Go Banjare 🙂
Also Read: The hidden treasures of Chanfi village