Surajkund Craft Mela has gone International. It is one of the massive mela/fairs organised in Delhi NCR by Haryana Tourism to display the history, culture and craft of India. Accommodating artists all across India to showcase their crafts, even some from around the globe.
Dates: 1-15 February 2017
Timing: 10:30 AM – 8:30 PM
Ticket Cost: Rs 100
Tickets available at: https://in.bookmyshow.com/festival/surajkund-international-crafts-mela/
Also, have Ticket Booth at every entry Gate.[gallery type="rectangular" ids="1292,1293,1295,1296,1297,1298" orderby="rand"]
How to Reach Surajkund Crafts Mela?
- Nearest Metro Station: Tughlakabad Metro Station; 6-7 KM away; Take an auto/cab from there to reach the mela location.
- Regular Buses ply from ISBT, Shivaji Stadium, Gurgaon, Faridabad and Surajkund.
- You can avail cabs/coaches to the venue can be conveniently hired from any part of Delhi.
There are almost 5-6 Entry Gates and ample Parking space. Parking Charges: Rs 100; Have few free parking too, a bit away from the main location.[gallery type="rectangular" ids="1300,1302,1303,1305,1306,1307,1308" orderby="rand"]
Surajkund Mela is in a very beautiful location, that gives a rural feel altogether. The setup is unbelievably huge, its massive rather! Be in your comfy footwear and prepared to walk a lot to cover up everything possible (which is not possible :P )
Theme State 2017: Jharkhand; Has state information counters setup![gallery type="rectangular" ids="1334,1333,1325,1324,1322,1320" orderby="rand"]
What can you expect from Surajkund mela?
- Lavish Entry Gates, an eye candy!
- Performances: the Main stage area has music and dance performances from many artists across the country.
- Fun activities: Group dances, bhangra/dhol, fire games etc. At various spots, some activities like this have been set up.
- Selfie Booths: At every nook and corner there are huge backdrops created showcasing the culture and art, where you can click pictures.
- Food Court: You name it and the cuisine is available from India, also stalls from Dominos and some Momo stalls are set up.
- Stalls: Iron stuff, wooden furniture, handicraft, decorative pieces, clothes, footwear etc etc…the list is too long.
- International stalls: Few International stalls showcasing their craft too
- Rush: Early morning timings are sane, but as the day proceeds, so does the crowd. PS – Weekends are insane ;)
- Mela: Swings and games etc for your children to enjoy; Near Gate 1!
To sum it up, it’s a foodie paradise, a photographer’s dream come true and a shopaholics’ true Love <3. In short Surajkund mela can offer something or the other from its platter to the visitors.[gallery type="rectangular" ids="1309,1310,1311,1312,1314,1315,1317,1331,1337,1338,1341,1343,1348,1350,1351,1354,1358,1359" orderby="rand"]
Do plan and visit soon! And share your experiences with us…Go Banjare!